Saturday, 12 May 2012 09:28
- Shun anti-social Jagan, says Kiran Kumar Reddy: The Congress cadres in Tirupati, who have had a lacklustre election campaign, have been energised by Chief Minister N.Kiran Kumar Reddy’s impressive road shows and his strong criticism of YSR Congress president Y.S.Jagan Mohan Reddy.
- Eamcet on Saturday, management quota sold out.
- BITS-H boy gets epic job: Rs 42.9L a year.
- More jolts to Jagan likely: The CBI has decided to file six more chargesheets in the Jagan disproportionate assets case. The process of issuing a GO for attachment of properties in the name of Sakshi and other companies and individuals accused was also speeded up by the CBI and the state government.
- Srilakshmi still in jail, Gali gets bail: The CBI special court on Friday granted conditional bail to mining baron and former Karnataka minister Gali Janardhan Reddy in the Obulapuram mining scam. Meanwhile, the court rejected bail to former mines secretary Y.Srilakshmi, accused in the same case.
- Civic bodies get nod for property tax hike: Citizens should brace themselves for an increase in property tax now that municipalities and municipal corporations across the state have been given a free hand to revise the tax on residential as well as commercial property.
- TD: Jagan in trouble due to Tirumala row: There is a reason for the freezing of accounts of the YSR Congress leader Y.S.Jagan Mohan Reddy, according to Telugu Desam leader Gali Muddu Krishnama Naidu.
- Govt caves in toMaya ire over Ambedkar cartoon.
- Gali to cool heels in Bangalore Jail despite bail in Hyd court.
- YS Vijayalakshmi, widow of YSR and president of working president of YSC files writ in supreme court on TDP president assets case.
- Four die in illicit liquor case in Vijayawada.
- Army in jitters as officers and jawans clash, major beats up orderly for misbehaving wigth his wife.
- 3.89 to appear for EAMCET tests today.
- Ministers son booked in land grabbing case.
- Gali bailed out but Srilakshmi bail rejected for sixth time.
- HC asks CBI tosubmit note files of APIIC in EMAAR case.
- No withdrawal of GO on Sakshi, says Information Minister Aruna.
- EC orders covering of statues of political leaders within 200 meters of polling stations 48 hours of polling.
- Opposition and media spreading canards says CM.
- Gadar quits as TPP president
- Shankar Rao complains on CM u/s SC/ST act.
Times of India:
- Funds start flowing for Multi-Modal Suburban Rail Transport System Phase II: The Multi-Modal Suburban Rail Transport System (MMTS) Phase-II project received a shot in the arm on Friday after the state government sanctioned Rs 6.25 crore towards the first instalment of its annual share for 2012-13.
- Congress MLA files SC/ST complaint against chief minister: Former minister P Shankar Rao on Friday filed a complaint under the SC/ST Act against the Congress Legislature Party (CLP) leader, that is, chief minster N.Kiran Kumar Reddy and the CLP executive committee for insulting and preventing him from exercising his rights.
- CBI seeks info on Sakshi staff: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has asked all the joint commissioners of labour (JCLs) in the state to furnish the employees’ details of Sakshi group. In an urgent letter sent on Friday, CBI SP H Venkatesh virtually put the JCLs on notice by giving them 24 hours to furnish the details.
- Mantris keep 2 Circle Inpectors in limbo: Yet again, unhappy city ministers have thrown a spanner in the works of the city cops by blocking the transfer of two inspectors whom they found were not to their liking.
- 2 students held for stealing scholarship ATM cards: Three persons, including an engineering student, were arrested for allegedly stealing about 400 ATM cards of the BC Welfare Corporation and withdrawing Rs four lakh. The ATM cards were meant to be distributed among students to avail themselves of scholarship.
- Noose tightens around Aadhaar fraudsters: The noose seems to be tightening around the ‘errant’ employees of Infrastructure Leasing & Financial Services (IL&FS) Limited with cops finding clinching evidence of their involvement in the Aadhaar card registration fraud.
- ‘Supreme Court stay on Manikonda land has demoralised Muslim community’: In the light of the recent interim judgment of the Supreme Court on the Manikonda wakf land issue, a group of 400 activists and politicians staged a dharna at the Haj House on Friday. They condemned the AP State Wakf Board and the state government alleging that there was a nexus between the two which led to the apex court’s directive that went against the board.
- Mecca Masjid blast accused in Nepal?.
- Bypolls: Congress worried over crumbling Chiru vote bank: With the by-polls exactly a month away, more bad news has hit the Congress campaign. An internal report has expressed concern over the possible non-transfer of the Prajarajyam Party votes to the ruling party.
- Conditional bail for Janardhan Reddy: The former Karnataka Minister, Gali Janardhan Reddy, was granted conditional bail by a special court for CBI cases here on Friday in the case of alleged illegal mining by the Obulapuram Mining Company scandal.
- Four die after consuming adulterated liquor: Four persons died two others critical after consuming liquor, suspected to be adulterated, at Mallikarjunapeta here on Thursday.
- Honour for Care Hospitals.
- Stopping of advertisements to Sakshi justified.
- Sakshi being run with illegal capital: TDP.
- Congress using CBI to harass rivals: Jagan.
- Keen contest on the cards at Prathipadu in Guntur district.
- Devadasi system: panel for strict enforcement of Act.
- Make-or-break for the Congress in State.
- Spurt in ‘settlements' after Bhanu's arrest.
- MLCs fail to turn up for hearing befire APLC chairman Chakrapani.
- ‘Statues should be covered from June 10-12: EC (elec).
- TDP complains to EC against YSRCP (Elecs)
- BITS Pilani student gets Rs. 42.9 lakh pay package.
- Rs. 500 crore to be released under tribal sub-plan.
- Congress high command finalised party candidates: Sai Prathap.
- TDP flays Jagan for criticising CBI.
- CPI to motivate masses on ‘T' issue.
- Co-op elections after by-polls, says Minister.
- TDP president election tour in Nellore today.
- Probe Yeddyurappa's role in illegal mining, Supreme Court tells CBI.
- Dattatreya seeks white paper on ‘Sakshi' issue.
- Naidu demands resignation of Kiran.
- Polavaram: a difficult terrain for nominees.
- Release sand for private constructions: TDP.
- Botcha lashes out at Jagan, Naidu.
- Reddys, Balijas can tilt the balance in Tirupati.
- Kiran sharpens attack on Jagan.
- State blamed for hooch tragedies.
- CPI(M) leader for open debate on new Excise policy.
- Let NMDC take up sand mining: CPI(M).
- Opposition to press for CBI inquiry into VUDA land scandal.
- ‘Reject vote bank politics' -Loksatta Jayaprakash Narayana.
- Top Maoists attended meeting in Agency?.
- TDP leader Ashok Gajapathiraju blames officials for water crisis.
- Regional parties cannot make ‘T' happen: BJP.
- Supreme Court orders CBI probe into BS Yediyurappa case.
- Parliament rocked over a cartoon on Ambedkar.
- 92 year old former MP Tilak - only third surviving member of the first lok sabha to be felicitated on May 13th.
- CM Kiran slams Jagan for criminal connections.
- Temporary solution for sand crisis in AP.
- Irrigation contractors Rs.1262 crore mobilisation advance still not accounted in Jalayagnam.
- Free text book distribution to poor students in govt schools in doldrums.
- Kurnol Sona Masuri rice faked by other states for export trade.
- TDP slams abuse of ‘press freedom' row.
- TDP president offers free rice at Kandakur bye poll campaign.
- Jagan will murder not only people but also state says CM Kiran in a election meeting.
- Govt decides to sand mining in farmers patta lands only.
- Does press freedom give right to criticise only other media.
- Jagan an anarchic force.
- CBI ready with a fourth charge sheet - more disclosures of YSR and his cabinet members dirty linen.
- Kiran an inefficient CM- TDP.
- 7 Kg gold and 53 lakh cash seized in bye poll checking (elec).
- Pan India agitation against vindictive measures on Sakshi.
- Mamta sirens mid term elections again.
- Scribes gherao Information commissioners office in protest against ban on govt ads to Sakshi.
- CM election code violation - speech of voting Jagan would defile sanctity of Tirumala - each vote ten times (elec).
- Ex minister Shankar appeals for SC/ST case on CM for harassing a dalit MLA.