Wednesday, 16 May 2012 08:28
Times of India:
- Matrix Prasad, babu arrested in Jagan case: In a major development in the YS Jaganmohan Reddy assets case, the CBI on Tuesday night arrested industrialist Nimmagadda Prasad and IRTS officer K.V Brahmananda Reddy who had earlier worked with the state's ports, investment and infrastructure wing as its special secretary.
- Denied medal, Tejdeep storms into CS chamber: There was high drama at the Secretariat late on Tuesday evening after additional director general of police Tejdeep Kaur Menon barged into the chambers of chief secretary Pankaj Dwivedi and sought to know why her name had been deleted from the list of police officers recommended for the award of Indian Police Medal (IPM) by the state government.
- CBI seeks police help to thwart Jagan's rally plans: However, with Jagan's court appearance almost two weeks away, a detailed plan of action to tackle the situation is still to be finalized, said the sources.
- Finally, Govt wakes up to AP workers' plight in Angola: Meanwhile, Indian workers are living in a state of fear after Angolan police started rounding them up for protesting against their employer when the latter did not pay their salaries.
- Staring down the barrel: For a city that was created around a water body, it is only ironical that its biggest woe today is an acute shortage of water. Hyderabad is parched and is facing its driest spell ever.
- Kiran Kumar Reddy leaves Acharya's prosecution in chief secretary's court: Chief minister Kiran Kumar Reddy on Monday sent back the file on sanction for prosecution of IAS officers B.P Acharya and L.V Subrahmanyam to chief secretary Pankaj Dwivedi seeking clear-cut advise on the matter.
- Predominantly a residential pocket, SR Nagar figures as one of the highest water consuming areas on the list of the city water board.
- Hi-tech Hyderabad stares at a drought: Hi-Tech Hyderabad might soon have to invoke the rain gods for its next glass of water. The city has water stock for another 60 days following which Hyderabad will slip into an acute drought, warn ground water officials.
- Four information commissioners take oath: The four information commissioners on whom a consensus was reached by the chief minister and governor finally took oath on Tuesday evening at Jubilee Hall, Public Gardens. The new commissioners are C Madhukar Raj, S Prabhakar Reddy, M.Ratan and P.Vijayababu.
- Jagan to flex muscle on D-day: With YSR Congress members hinting that their president Jaganmohan Reddy would head a massive convoy from his residence to the CBI court on May 28, the investigative agency is sounding the city police to ensure that adequate security arrangements are in place on that day.
- Vijay Sai wants deferment of trial: V Vijay Sai Reddy, the financial auditor of YS Jaganmohan Reddy companies, filed a petition in the CBI court on Tuesday urging it postpone the trial in the Jagan assets case till the CBI completes its investigation on all aspects of the FIR filed in the case.
- Prasad arrested in Jagan assets case, Prasad had Midas touch , Prasad invested heavily in J-firms.
- Parties get to splurge till May 18: The Election Commissioner’s diktats on poll expenditure have had little effect on the candidates’ spending for the upcoming bypolls since they do not have to account for the actual expenditure till they file their nominations. With the elections being announced much before the actual notification, all the major political parties have made most of the situation and the candidates are getting away with splurging at least till May 18.
- Trouble in Tirupati for Jagan: Alarmed over the latest developments in Tirupati, YSR Congress president Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy has asked his confidante Y.V. Subba Reddy to rush there and check the rumblings of dissent against party nominee B. Karunakara Reddy.
- No post finalised for Transco CMD: The state government shifted Transco chairman and MD Ajay Jain, and irrigation principal secretary Rajiv Ranjan Mishra, who had been in their respective posts for a long time and had been seeking transfers.
- State not to turn liquor retailer: The state government on Tuesday constituted a cabinet sub-committee to finalise the new excise policy even as it decided in principle not to venture into the retail liquor trade and auction the outlets. Chief Minister N.Kiran Kumar Reddy will announce the policy after vetting it through the sub-committee instead of placing it before the cabinet and obtaining feedback from the ministers.
- BCCI suspends five cricketers after sting operations: Emergency meeting of IPL governing council convened.
- Nimmagadda Prasad arrested in Jagan assets case.
- EC directs check on ambulances and media vehicles too, Bhanwarlal.
- VijaySai Reddy plea for stalling proceedings on first charge sheet till completion of investigations by CBI.
- No threat to Government says Kiran.
- Maoists make a determined bid to re-enter Andhra Pradesh.
- Maoist attack: tension in Edugurallapalli.
- SC/ST panel to visit Nalgonda today.
- TRS andTJAC working for YSRCP in Parkal, says TDP leader Narasimhulu.
- Five cricketers suspended for spot fixing.
- Matrix Prasad arrested: former spl secy Brahmananda? Reddy arrested in Jagan illegal assets case.
- Priest incurs TTD ire for Ambani meet.
- Election commissioner coming to Hyderabad on May 18.
- Samariya is new boss of AP Transco, 13 IAS transferred.
- Vayalar Ravi to campaign for Bye polls.
- TJAC to show feuding TRS and BJP the door.
- Bandar port work to begin soon :CM Kiran.
- Key phase in Jagan illegal asset case - four months after first arrest, CBI arrested industrialist Nimmagadda Prasad.
- Nimmagadda Prasad hit two birds with one shot - Two ports and one SEZ for One investment in Jagan Empire.
- IRS official Brahmananda Reddy in CBI net for overzealous actions during YSR regime.
- CM Kiran blames Jagan for polluting AP politics.
- Rasna Baby dies.
- Even ambulances are not spared from scrutiny in quest of cash movements - says CEO Bhanwarlal.
- TRS finalizes M Biskhapathi as Parkal candidate.
- Congress MP Demands removal of YSR photo in Sakshi newspaper mast head.
- CPI reiterates its decision to collaborate efforts with TDP in bye polls.
- First industrialist casualty of Jagan asset case-CBI arrests well-known industrialist Matrix Prasad - Nimmagadda Prasad for Vanpic project.
- Kiran Govt reshapes tuition fee scheme - Govt to bear 65 % and students 35% under self finance - cum - loan concept.
- TJAC to become apolitical to stay away political blackmail of TRS and BJP- Parkal row drives TJAC nuts.
- Jagan left Congress for sake of CM post - Kiran in election meetings.
- Corporate sector shaken up with Nimmagadda Prasad arrest.
- Ten years saga of a corporate employee to Pharma Cos acquisition king.
- DGP sums up monitoring exercises in bye poll districts.
- Gold ,detonators and Cash seized i bye poll districts.
- CBI moves to quiz ministers and IAS involved in Jagan asset case.
- Centre to reduce fertilizer subsidy - Agri minister Sharad Pawar.
- CAG slams loop holes in Railway budget.
- TDP,Congress, Eenadu, Andhra Jyothy and TV9 together in campaign against Sakshi - Jagan.
- Bhanu and C Kalyan threatened me - Raghuvira Reddy.
- Stop court trials in Jagan case till CBI completed its investigations: Vijai Sai Reddy.
- All party meeting on excise policy - CPM.
- YSRC complaint to EC on threats to ration shop dealers.
- All media vehicles also to be checked in Bye poll districts - CEO Bhanwarlal.
- CBI arrests industrialist Nimmagadda Prasad in Jagan illegal arrest case.
- Central Election Commissioner visit to Hyderabad.
- Consensus in small state issue is not easy says UPA deputy home minister Jitender Singh.
- T JAC caught between TRS and BJP on Parkal seat.
- Centre decides to do away with LPS subsidy in two phases.
- YSR to get a new definition now in election campaign.
- Delhi to handle bye poll campaign.